The shipping containers have arrived in Haiti & Jamaica! Read the thank you letters from Brother Anthony of Haiti and Brothers Kuldeep & Marc of Jamaica. Plus, catch a glimpse of the containers arriving and being unloaded in Haiti and Jamaica.
A total of 8.25 containers were filled with food, supplies and hope. Below is a summary of the 2016 drive:
– 1 container of Meal Packages was shipped to Haiti.
– 4 containers of Food and Supplies were shipped to Haiti.
– 2 containers of Food and Supplies were shipped to Jamaica.
– 1.25 containers (virtual) of Funds for Sustainability Items such as Education, Fish, Chickens and Agriculture were sent to Haiti.
– 10,000+ pounds of Food was distributed to Local Food Pantries.
We reached our aggressive goals and St. Matthew Parish has donated more than 2 MILLION POUNDS of food and supplies since our food drives began 14 years ago. We know that every donation, every grain of rice is distributed to the poorest of the poor.
Thank you St. Matthew parishioners for being so giving and caring. The 2016 World Hunger Drive could not have helped so many without each one of your contributions of time, talent and treasure!
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.